Terms and Conditions
Website Development and Corporate ID Agreement. All terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Authorization: The above-named client is engaging MaxWebGear, Inc., located at P.O. Box 17786, Asheville, NC 28816, as an independent contractor for the specific project of developing and/or improving a website and/or a marketing/promotional project. The client hereby authorizes MaxWebGear to access current accounts for information as needed. The client also authorizes MaxWebGear, Inc. to publicize their business to complete project scope as defined in any signed agreement.
- All terms are agreed as described in proposal and components are based upon prospective client’s choices.
- All MaxWebGear Packages are developed on a proprietary platform. MaxWebGear, Inc. retains all ownership of the intellectual property utilized and/or created for use by the client and no intellectual content is transferrable.
- Completion Date: MaxWebGear, Inc. and the client must work together to complete the website in a timely manner. We agree to work expeditiously to complete the website/project on schedule, from the date the agreement was signed and the initial deposit was received.
- If the client does not supply MaxWebGear, Inc timely responses/or support material when deemed within six weeks of the date this contract was signed, the entire amount of the contract becomes due.
- Payment of Fees: Payment and fees are due in accordance with any signed agreement.
- Assignment of Project: MaxWebGear, Inc. reserves the right to assign subcontractors to this project to insure the right fit for the job as well as on-time completion. Though generally rare, should this happen, client will be informed, but such assignment shall not be cause for termination of the agreement by client and shall likewise not justify any withholding of fees or payments due.
- MaxWebGear, Inc. does not warrant that the functions contained in these webpages or the Internet website will meet the client’s requirements or that the operation of the webpages will be uninterrupted or error-free. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the webpages and website is with client. In no event will MaxWebGear, Inc. be liable to the client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate these webpages or website, even if MaxWebGear, Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Copyrights and Trademarks: The client represents to MaxWebGear, Inc. and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to MaxWebGear, Inc. for inclusion in webpages are owned by the client, or that the client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend MaxWebGear, Inc. and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
- Laws Affecting Electronic Commerce: From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. The client agrees that the client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend MaxWebGear, Inc. and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the client’s exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
- Copyright to Webpages: Copyright to the finished assembled work of webpages produced by MaxWebGear, Inc. Upon final payment of this contract, the client is assigned rights to use as a website the design, graphics, and text contained in the finished assembled website. Rights to photos, graphics, source code, work-up files, and computer programs provided by MaxWebGear, Inc. remains the property of MaxWebGear, Inc. or its subsidiaries. MaxWebGear, Inc. and its subcontractors/subsidiaries retain the right to display completed projects.
- Payment of fees: In order for MaxWebGear, Inc. to remain in business, payments must be made promptly. Past due invoices will be assessed a $15 charge if payment is not received within 10 days of the due date. If an account remains delinquent 30 days after its due date, MaxWebGear, Inc. reserves the right to remove webpages from viewing on the Internet until account is made current. If website was removed from the internet, a reactivation fee of $250 will be required to restore the website on the internet. In case collection proves necessary, the client agrees to pay all fees incurred by that process. This agreement becomes effective only when signed by MaxWebGear, Inc. Regardless of the place of signing of this agreement, the client agrees that for purposes of venue, this contract was entered into, in Asheville, NC, and any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in Asheville, NC.
- Sole Agreement: Any agreement and proposal details contained in it, constitutes the sole agreement between MaxWebGear, Inc. and the client regarding a given project. Any additional work not specified in an agreement will require supplemental charges. All prices specified in an agreement will be honored for 15 days.
- Initial Payment and Refund Policy: All payments are non-refundable.
- Client understands materials used in the process of website development integrates proprietary property and intellectual information not transferrable to other hosting packages should client ever decide to leave MaxWebGear, Inc. If client fulfills a given web agreement, an export of their website content, which is compatible with WordPress will be created and given to the client. This export will be provided free of charge for clients with an on time payment history. For all other clients, a rate of $65.00 per hour will be charged to create the export. This charge will be due prior to the release of the export.
- MaxWebGear, Inc./subsidiaries/affiliates/vendors are not responsible for any downtime or damages resulting from downtime.
- Client gives MaxWebGear, Inc. and all affiliates the right to represent their business as needed.
- All ebooks and educational material are non-refundable.
White Label Client Exclusions From Standard Terms and Conditions Above (Updated June 16, 2017):
- White Label Definition – Client with a private label network. The agreement must specifically mention a “White Label” option and it must be an actionable (selected) item within the agreement if it’s not a default item.
- All white label clients maintain full rights to their development project(s).
- This means that all files are transferrable at any time assuming that the payment terms are in good standing and complete.
- Each party (white label client & MaxWebGear/IntegrisDesign) is responsible for their contributions to development to be legal and in good standing. Each party holds the other harmless for misuse of proprietary content.
- White label clients can request full backups at any time for an hourly rate if it’s not included within their package agreement. NOTE: Project must be paid.
- Development processes use standard practices using LAMP stack and traditional CMS experience (WordPress is preferred).
- White Label client can pay Integris Design / MaxWebGear to migrate their configuration at an hourly rate (if not specified in the agreement, the default is $75/hr) to their preferred hosting at any time. White label client, but provide PLESK configuration along with traditional LAMP stack environment (versions will be given at the time of migration). The client needs to maintain a dedicated environment, SSL’s (if applicable), and IPv4 or IPv6 (depending on setup).
- The client is responsible for maintaining their own licenses once the migration is complete (if MaxWebGear / Integris Design do not manage the sites at that point).
Termination of Services:
- Contracts are non-cancellable by Client once the agreement is formed and that no refunds will be issued.
- MaxWebGear reserves the right can cancel a contract based on the Client’s failure to comply with the terms of an agreement, terms and conditions, failure to pay timely, or failure to provide information in timely manner.
- If an early termination is agreed upon by MaxWebGear, Inc and the Client, the full balance of the agreement is due upon termination date minus 10%.
- If an early termination of a retainer is terminated due to non-payment, MaxWebGear, Inc/Integris Design maintains intellectual property of all work developed during the retainer. Explicit intellectual rights of work is transferred to client after agreements are completed according to terms or a settlement for termination is reached. Any use of intellectual property by client after a non-payment termination is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, web design, branding schemes, logos, print collateral, or any other traditional corporate collateral either known or unknown.
We do not offer direct support or training to third party entities. Our CMS is strictly a subscription based service where the client can utilize our platform for the duration of the relationship. Any requests beyond the scope of our admin-level access is restricted. Our system is not a standard single install of WordPress or Joomla, so this has to be rebuilt using an export. Make sure your vendor understands this, so that a fair proposal can be created by your future web developer.
The client has general usage ability within the admin of the website only. To provide a solid platform, access to anything deemed as sensitive or important for our platform to function can not be shared or given access to. Clients are not allowed to add anything beyond general html/CSS as php and other coding when not properly created presents issues in stability and security. If custom scripting is requested for usage by a client, the script must be prequalified by our technical department and additional charges will be incurred for vetting such software, installing software, etc. Furthermore we will not support it given the nature of web development.
MaxWebGear will provide Client with Search Engine Optimization Services (hereinafter referred to as “SEO”) as described in this contract. We will use specific keywords and/or phrases to improve the search engine ranking of, and/or position the contents of the Client’s website.
- The total fee for the SEO services to be provided is according to the agreement terms. Our SEO services are intended to serve two main purposes: 1) to provide the Client with increased exposure in search engines and 2) to drive targeted online traffic to the site.
MaxWebGear’s SEO Services are designed… (but are not limited to):
- Researching keywords and phrases to select appropriate, relevant search terms (up to 8 phrases).
- Obtaining “back links” from other related websites and directories in order to generate link popularity and traffic (up to 500 amount).
- Editing and/or optimization of text for various html tags, meta data, page titles, and page text as necessary (up to 30 pages).
- Analysis and recommendations on optimal website structure, navigation, code, etc. for best SEO purposes.
- Recommend, as required, additional web pages or content for the purpose of “catching” keyword/phrase searches.
- Create traffic and ranking reports for clientsite.tld and any associated pages showing rankings in the major search engines.
For the purposes of receiving professional SEO services, Client agrees to provide the following:
- Administrative/backend access to the website for analysis of content and structure.
- Permission to make changes for the purpose of optimization, and to communicate directly with any third parties, e.g., your web designer, if necessary.
- Unlimited access to existing website traffic statistics for analysis and tracking purposes.
- A clientsite.tld email address for the purposes of requesting links (something like email@example.com)
- Authorization to use client pictures, logos, trademarks, website images, pamphlets, content, etc., for any use as deemed necessary by MaxWebGear, Inc. for search engine optimization purposes.
If Client’s site is lacking in textual content, MaxWebGear, Inc. will create content that must be proofed and amended by Client in a timely fashion.
Client acknowledges the following with respect to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services:
- All fees are non-refundable.
- All fees, services, documents, recommendations, and reports are confidential between the client and MaxWebGear.
- MaxWebGear, Inc. has no control over the policies of search engines with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. The Client’s website may be excluded from any directory or search engine at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory.
- Due to the competitiveness of some keywords/phrases, ongoing changes in search engine ranking algorithms, and other competitive factors, MaxWebGear, Inc. does not guarantee #1 positions or consistent top 10 positions for any particular keyword, phrase, or search term.
- Google has been known to hinder the rankings of new websites (or pages) until they have proven their viability to exist for varying amounts of time. This is referred to as the “Google Sandbox.” MaxWebGear, Inc. assumes no liability for ranking/traffic/indexing issues related to Google Sandbox penalties.
- Occasionally, search engines will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason.
- Often, the listing will reappear without any additional SEO. Should a listing be dropped during the SEO campaign and does not reappear within 30 days of campaign completion, MaxWebGear, Inc. will re-optimize the website/page based on the current policies of the search engine in question-assuming client still has an active SEO campaign.
- Some search directories offer expedited listing services for a fee. If the Client wishes to engage in expedited listing services (e.g., paid directories), the Client is responsible for all paid for inclusion or expedited service fees. MaxWebGear, Inc. can offer a list of expedited listing services upon request.
- Linking to “bad neighborhoods” or getting links from “link farms” can seriously damage all SEO efforts. MaxWebGear, Inc. does not assume liability for the Client’s choice to link to or obtain a link from any particular website.
- MaxWebGear, Inc. is not responsible for changes made to the website by other parties that adversely affect the search engine rankings of the Client’s website.
- Additional Services not listed herein (such as managing pay-per click campaigns, copywriting, link baiting, etc.) will be provided for a fee of $65 per hour.
- The Client guarantees any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to MaxWebGear, Inc. for inclusion on the website above are owned by the Client, or that the Client has received permission from the rightful owner(s) to fuse each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend MaxWebGear, Inc. from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.
- MaxWebGear, Inc. is not responsible for the Client overwriting SEO work to the Client’s site. The Client will be charged an additional fee for re-constructing content, based on the hourly rate of $65 per hour.
Venue and Dispute Resolution: Any issues not covered in contract will be resolved through mediation if needed. Limited offer. Due to the personalized attention given to each client, a limited number of positions are available. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.